Yes sir 10 weeks is all I have left until my due date. It is coming so fast! That being said I am still only 30 weeks not nearly far enough along to be willing to accept going into labor. However my blood pressure is high. Very high. Yesterday at the dr.'s office it was reading 160 over 86, after four hours in labor and delivery it was reading 140 over 78. They took my blood and made me pee in a cup. Then they ran lots of tests. Everything looked great, except the test for preeclampsia. That one came back with all sorts of warning signs. So it isn't actually diagnosed yet, but I'm on strict bed rest until tuesday when the results of further testing come back. Preeclampsia in itself isn't really a big deal, but it usually develops into hellp syndrome, which can be fatal. So if the tests come back positive then it will be strict bed rest until I deliver. The second I show signs of hellp I need to go to the hospital where they will proceed to deliver the baby. There is no exact timeline of when hellp develops, but the nurse said I'd be lucky if I made it to 35 weeks. 35 weeks is still too early for my own personal liking. However I have complete faith that we will be taken care of and that our little man will be strong and healthy whenever it is time for him to join us in the outside world.
On a less positive note, if I am put on bed rest, then I won't be able to finish student teaching and the thought of being so close and having to postpone it any longer makes me mad. I mean really mad! I have worked so hard for so long and I am so close to achieving my goal. I am sure that there is someway I can finish without any serious repercussions, but I have no idea what that is. I am trying to be really responsible, and talk to all the right people, but there is only so much I can do until Tuesday when we actually know what is going on. (Big time Sad Face)
On a much better note, ROB is freaking amazing! He is so good to me and is doing his best to take care of me and still do the things he needs to do. I am so lucky to have married him. What is better than getting to spend eternity with your best friend? I challenge anyone to come up with something better.
No comments:
Post a Comment