Life is all the moments we remember strung together by the ones we don't.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

All alone

Today is one of those days where I feel totally and utterly alone.Which is silly because I'm not. Then again maybe it isn't so silly. My Husband is taking a full coarse load, working 45 hours a week, and we just found out he has to do a 30 hour practium. Needless to say even when he is home he isn't really here. Rob also has a hard time adjusting to new schedules, which means this has been a hard week for him.
Our dog is being extra naughty, and I have had to get mad at her several times today. Peter is being extra needy, as in he cries if I'm not paying attention to him. And Rob is napping downstairs on the couch. I know we can't have two stay at home parents, but it would be nice if when he was here he was actually here. I am really tired of feeling like I am a single parent. I know it isn't his fault he is gone so much, I don't blame him. I'm just tired. I feel all alone, like there isn't a single person in the world who is interested in my wants, and needs. Maybe I'm just being selfish, but I am so busy all day long ensuring everybody's needs are met I don't have time to even consider what I need.
I should probably just get over it, because I doubt it will ever change. This is probably one of those things that no one ever bothers to mention when you have kids. I don't know how many times I was told things like "breast milk is best", and" make sure you always put him in the car seat," but no one bothered to say "Hey your practically not a real person anymore, your just a mom, so don't bother trying to have desires, needs or hobbies."
I feel the need to assure everyone that I am blissfully happy with my life. My husband is fantastic, my kid is perfect, my dog is wonderful and crazy. I have the things I labeled most important. I am just struggling to adjust to the changes, and not so secretly wish there were two of me.

2 comments:

  1. Amy, you're doing awesome!! I know from experience it's so hard when the husband is working, schooling, and trying to support the family, but of course, as everyone says, it's worth it. I wish I was down there to play with you, so you didn't feel so alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janell, I have friends and people to do stuff with. Yesterday I was just feeling alone in the parenting world. It was a really rough day, I had so much to do, and all while entertaining a baby. However this really is how I want things. And I am quite happy!

    ReplyDelete