Life is all the moments we remember strung together by the ones we don't.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Correction

I am not a frumpy mom! I have been watching myself the last few days/weeks and decided I am a casual mom with frumpy tendencies. Before I got married my usual attire was jeans and a t-shirt. And I would almost always change into sweats as soon as I was home for the day. Now I will stay in my jeans pretty much all day. I think my issue was most of my clothes were still a little too tight to be comfortable, so I turned to sweats.
As far as my hair goes, just because it is in a pony, or my favorite up do (very easy all hair off face and neck) doesn't mean it isn't done, or even nice. The fact is Peter pulls my hair if it is down, and with my curls somedays it just has to be up.
I think y whole opinion on frumpiness changed. I think a frumpy mom is someone who puts no effort into getting ready. No shower, no attempt at hair, might not even change their clothes. They are the mom's at the grocery store who are washed out and messy even though it is only 8 in the morning.
I am not saying I have never or will never succumb to frumpiness. I am just stating that I spoke to soon. I am not frumpy. (at least not everyday, and if I put some effort into it, in the words of my husband, I look hot.)

No comments:

Post a Comment