Life is all the moments we remember strung together by the ones we don't.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

It's been a while...

It is a rare treat when both boys are asleep at the same time, and I have come to cherish those moments as much as when they are playing nicely together which actually happens quiet a bit.

The last few months have been a whirl wind of activity. Our cute niece Julie came to live with us, and we went to Sacramento for Robs brothers wedding finally another married Whitmore!
It has been a fast summer full of changes, so I guess the easiest this to do is a paragraph for each of us.

Rob--has been working as a ranger for cedar breaks monument again and loves it, but sadly due to recent government regulations he runs out of paid hours on September 28, in order to stretch them out a bit further he has only been working 20 hours a week. To fill up his time (and our bank account) he took a second full time job working for the Zion natural history association. Basically he spends 40 hours a week the the gift shop at cedar breaks reading fantasy novels, and occasionally answering a question or ringing out a visitor.  Unfortunately his hours at this job are limited as well, and come mid-October we will be unemployed. We have been praying for something, and I know it will turn out ok, just don't ask me how.

Eli--this little stud is 8 months! He is a 6 tooth, crawling, climbing, eating machine. He is days away from taking that first unassisted step, and has the cutest personality ever. I am constantly surprised by how different he is from Peter. The other day we were looking in the mirror I was making funny faces at him. He would look in the mirror smile, then look at me to see if I was doing the same thing as the mirror. I could almost see understanding dawn in his eyes.  He is such a joy in our lives. Eli loves Peter and tries to do everything just like Peter. He has recently started sleeping in the crib and goes to bed at about 8, it is nice because we get to have some real baby free time in the evenings. We are planning on moving him into peters room around Christmas.

Peter--this kid won't slow down for anything. He talks all the time now, and most people can understand most of what he is saying. He has reached the dreaded "why" stage, but we are taking it in strides and trying to avoid the dreaded "because I said so" answer, instead when I get to the frustrated place I ask him to think about it, and tell me why. It seems to be working (thanks Lisa you give such great advice) he plays pretend, and cooks pizza, and pie, and drives his cozy coupe also know as LT to "papas long house" which I assume is grandma Judy's house in Richfield, mostly because he will introduce LT to papas vroom, and she is the only one with a truck. I think the novelty of having a baby brother has worn off, and he gets frustrated with Eli when Eli gets in his way, sometimes Peter lashes out and hits or pushes Eli, but most of the time he will say "baby choose new, it's my turn." He is still loving books, sleeping with his dump truck named vroom and his stuffed cow named moo, and loves cake just like his momma. Recently we noticed him being a bit naughtier than usual, and realized he didn't have a lot of toys he was interested in so we made a small investment and got cozy coupe aka LT, we also got some monster trucks and construction vehicles, he is doing a lot better now.

Julie-- she is 15 and just started high school, life is crazy she has so many changes, but she seems to take it in stride. She is about halfway through the missionary lessons, and has a few really good friends. She says she hates school, but I think she secretly likes it. Life with a teen is definitely a new adventure, but it is fun, and it has taught me a lot of humility.

Amy--hey that's me, I made and frosted 200 cupcakes for David and leisels wedding reception in Richfield, I have recently gotten into running, and I'm doing my first 5k on oct. 5, my goal is 28 minutes. I have been doing lots of research on teenage development, because my background in only in childhood and I discovered quiet suddenly that this was a big oversight. Life is a ride and we are just holding on tight.

I have tons of cute pictures of the boys but Peter poured water on our lap top, so they are all stuck on my camera. Ahh say le viv. My kids are waking up so that's my cue, but I hope you enjoyed the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment