Life is all the moments we remember strung together by the ones we don't.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Fridays...

Okay so I know today isn't technically Friday. However all my days are pretty much the same, and Rob is currently working Thursday-Monday, so it is our Friday.
I'm drained, Peter is feeling extra needy, cleo is feeling extra needy, the house is extra messy, and my FIL is spending the night tonight. It wouldn't take that long for me to get the guest room ready and the house in order, but my son just won't hear of it. He screams if I am not holding him and rocking in our chair. His life is so dramatic. He is teething and I suspect not feeling too good. Then again even if Peter would corporate, I'm not so sure I'd have the energy. I have spent the last five days being a single parent, and I'm pretty much out of gas. Don't get me wrong the 2 hours a day Rob is home and awake he is a big help, but that still leaves me with 22 hours of parent duty. I guess I'm still getting used to the mommy thing. Mostly I just want to take a nap, or zone out reading a book. Instead I'll play the flying game, pat-a-cake, and pray that 7 comes quickly. And tonight I will fall asleep thinking I have the best job in the world, but also that I'm really glad tomorrow is Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment