Life is all the moments we remember strung together by the ones we don't.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hello Solid Poop!

Peter has been eating solid food for close to a month now. Overall he is really doing a great job with it. We did have a incident with some carrots, that will ensure we stay far away from them for a while. He broke out in a rash on most of his lower body, and cried his eyes out for almost two days after we tried them.
The foods we have tried in the last 4 weeks are:
  • peas- likes, but took a bit to get that way
  • carrots-no good for our little guy
  • pears- LOVES, his favorite
  • rice cereal-liked until we tried other foods
  • green beans- not his favorite, I think it is because I make the food my self & it is a little stringy
  • squash-We tried this yesterday and I'm not sure how he feels about them yet.
Solid food has done a lot for us. He will now take a bottle, as long as it doesn't have milk in it. He seems happier, and really looks forward to his three meals a day. There have been a few times when we have gone out, and didn't have any baby food. He gets really upset when we are eating and he isn't. Peter will actually try to pull our food into his mouth. There is nothing funnier than watching a 4 month old stare at and try to taste: pizza, chicken wings, sandwiches, glasses of water, and more. Now Rob and I have not only Cleo who watches us with beady eyes, but also our cute little son.
Another thing solid food has brought us is stinky, and solid poop. First came the stench. I was sitting on the couch reading him a story and suddenly I could no longer breathe. His poop isn't always so stinky, but man that first poop... After 2 days of no poop we got his first solid diaper. After a few minutes of grunting we had success. Well kinda, it was a line of green baby food consistency stuff. like all things it is a work in progress, sometimes his poop is thinker or stinkier than other times.
It is strange to think of how big my baby is getting. Today he is 5 months old. I love watching him grow, and see how he changes every single day. What a big boy I have!


No comments:

Post a Comment