GOALS
Well really this should be titled lack of goals. I had very specific goals my whole life, grow-up go to college, get a degree, get married, own a house, have kids. I accomplished all of them. Sure I want a few more little tykes, but that will have to wait. So I needed to redefine my life. I had been thinking about it a lot when My dear friend Court and her good husband invited us to their house last Monday for Family Home Evening (Every Monday night members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints are counseled to spend time with their family. They play games, have a spiritual lesson, and grow together as a family.) Her Lesson was on goal setting. She talked about expanding your knowledge and being anxiously engaged in a good cause. Honestly I was a little stunned. I wrote down goals like being active for 30 minutes three times a week, and not going to bed unless at least one of the three main rooms in our house was spotless. Well I hadn't really thought about the difficulty level of these goals. (Rob is only home at night, by which time I'm exhausted, and you can't really do aerobics with an infant on your back) Other than the walks we take with Cleo each day I failed both these goals. In fact in the week I have been working on them I have not done either of them once. (My kitchen was so gross this morning it smelled like something had died in it. Something did, the dog food. Homemade dog food I made on saturday and neglected to put away.)
Clearly it is time to re-reevaluate. Here are my modified goals:
- Learn something new from scriptures everyday
- Spend quality time with Rob, and Peter
- keep my house livable
- Write in Peter's book
HEALTHY LIVING
I recently watched a few episodes of a television show called Large. It made me nervous. I have never been super thin, but after high school, and before I got prego I was pretty content with my body shape. However since pregnancy, I have been more like the pre-college me, with the real potential of becoming a participant in the LARGE weight loss program. I looked at how we are living and what we are eating. It doesn't really affect Rob's weight, and for some reason we are both ok if I get really fat, but not okay with our kids living that way.
We needed a change, nothing to dramatic, just some subtle less baking changes. I need to teach my kids what my parents never taught me. Self-control and moderation.
PETER THE SNARFER
Peter is crazy about food. He stares at you whenever you are eating, and tries very hard to get whatever it is into his mouth. It is so funny to watch a 4 month old grab a piece of toast from your hand and start chowing down on it.
TRIALS, PREPARING TO STUDENT TEACH, AND MY INABILITY TO LEAVE PETER
These are are super connected so I thought I would connect them. We can't afford another car, it just isn't going to happen. This makes getting to and from the elementary school almost impossible. Which makes me not want to teach even more. Not to mention the fact that I'm terrified of leaving Peter with a sitter. I just don't want to miss anything. Well life goes on and indeed I must finish my education, so we move forward with our plan. Even though we have no idea how I'm going to get there, and I'd rather eat a basket full of spiders than leave Peter with a sitter I have faith that Heavenly Father will help us work things out.
We found a person to watch him, and I trust her. She is intelligent, and patient. She has started coming to hang out with us once a week so that she can get acquainted with Peter, and how I do things. We are truly blessed to have found such a gem. Now all that's left to do is find a free working car, and get over my fear of my baby forgetting who his momma is.
CARROTS AND PEARS
Peter is allergic to carrots, or Pears. I gave him both on the same day and he had a super bad reaction. it was actually carrots mixed with pear juice. Anyway we are staying away from both for a while.
MAGICAL KITCHEN
Totally forgot what I was gonna say about this. Although now I am wishing I had a magic Kitchen that cleaned itself.
Well there you have it my ramblings of late.
No comments:
Post a Comment