Life is all the moments we remember strung together by the ones we don't.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

9 months 2 weeks!

My kid is crazy, not that I don't love him. I just never thought being a mom would be this chaotic. Today I caught him trying to climb the couch, he was standing on the arm, attempting to move to the back of it. I also caught him trying to climb the baby gate we put at the bottom of the stairs so he won't climb those. (Before you judge me on being a neglectful mom who frequently leaves her climbing 9 month old unattended, I will have you know that "I caught him" means "I watched and held my hands out to catch him should he fall." I want him to brave and try to explore, also I'm quite curious to see just what he can do.)
My little adventurer is so naughty. Taking care of him is a FULL TIME JOB. When he is awake I have to be constantly at his heels making sure he isn't getting into too much trouble. Honestly it is the most fun I ever had, most definitely beats teaching.
Here are some amazing things this kid can do:
  • take 5-6 unassisted steps
  • feeds himself
  • say momma
  • say dada
  • say dog
  • drinks from a cup
  • screams a lot
  • pets the dogs
  • play "with" other babies
  • Sleep all night in his own crib
Here are the super naughty things Peter loves to do
  • Make a mess-- pull things out of bags, or off shelves
  • scream constantly (I look forward to the day when screaming is no longer his main form of communication, as do my once perfectly healthy ear drums)
  • refuses to take naps ( on a good day he might take 1 one hour nap)
  • dump water out of cups
  • climb things
  • stand in the tub
This I know for sure, life will NEVER be boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment