Life is all the moments we remember strung together by the ones we don't.

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Re-focus


Since Rob left I find it difficult to enjoy my days. I realized I was looking for ways to pass the time without really enjoying any of it. T.V. Shows, games on my phone, Facebook, cooking, cleaning. All of it just a way to avoid real life; my life. My children, as usual when parents try to disengage in life children suffer. My children were suffering and I was too busy yelling  at strangers on Facebook because they support abortion to notice. I needed a reality check. I need a break. No more distractions! I am choosing to live a purposeful life. No more meaningless activities, no more "time fillers." And you know what it's working. This morning instead of playing temple run I stacked cups for an hour. James loved knocking them over and building them back up. Eli made ice cream cones for me to eat and used my legs as roads for his trucks. I wasn't just there; I was present! Today I lived my life, today I engaged with my children. We took a walk, we played with toys, while they napped I read scriptures and exercised. Then we picked Peter up from school and you know what I played some more. When it came time for dinner I was genuinely sad to go cook. But we gotta eat so cook I did. Living life participating in every second is hard, but it is worth it! I plan to make September my re-focus month! My phone has been emptied of all the fun apps. Essentially all I have is google maps and scriptures. I am not going to watch any T.V. Or movies, and I will not log into Facebook. Instead I'm going to choose meaningful activities that help me along the path of righteousness. I am choosing to be in charge of my life! Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment